Thursday 17 December 2015

Breaking news: Jose Mourinho sacked as Chelsea manager

The Portuguese boss was sacked this afternoon after club owner Roman Abramovich and board had series of emergency meetings last night. Mourinho's last match in charge was the disastrous 2-1 loss to Leicester city and with rumours of player unrest in the media, the club have acted and sacked him.

Abramovich could be forced to pay Mourinho more than £40million after the Portuguese manager signed a four-year deal this summer. Guus Hiddink could be lined up as the next replacement.

 

Mourinho lost support within the Chelsea hierarchy after his bust-up with former club doctor Eva Carneiro during the 2-2 draw with Swansea on the opening day of the season.
Stars of last season’s campaign including Eden Hazard, Nemanja Matic and Cesar Azpilicueta have been criticized by their manager in front of their peers, leading to splits in the camp.

This was Mourinho's second spell in charge of Chelsea and he was sorely disappointed with his players after Chelsea's 9th loss of the season to Leicester.
After the game,he told the press;

'Sometimes I find myself thinking last season I did an amazing job, brought players to a level not their level. If this is true I brought to such a level they couldn't keep for more than super-motivation to be leading. That is one possibility.'
“One of my best qualities is that I can read the game and identify the strengths of the opponent and tell my players what they are,” Mourinho said. “So it it is a big frustration to accept the goals because my work was betrayed, if that is the right word.
“I worked four days in this match. I prepared everything related to the opponent. I identify four movements where they scored almost every their goals.
“My players got all that information in last three days, you can ask them, they are honest guys who will tell you it is true.
“But in the situations I identify, we concede the first and second goal. The mistakes were there.”
Despite his decision to publicly criticise his players for failing to stick to the game plan, Mourinho insisted he was ready to fight on as manager.
“The only thing I can say is that I want to be (the manager.)” Mourinho said. “I have no doubts and I think that you know me well enough, six years here, that I am not afraid of a big challenge.
“At this moment, it is a real big challenge and I want to stay. I hope Mr Abramovich and the board want me to stay.
“I know that the board wants the best for this club. I would like the board to analyse the situation, the budget, the balance of the club and what they were expecting.”
With Chelsea now hovering just one point above the relegation zone,the club's board decided to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment